Mopar P5153898 - Gen III Hemi Aluminum Engine Block
Gen III HEMI Aluminum Blocks are 100 pounds lighter than 6.1L production cast iron blocks.
Lightweight aluminum improves performance in more ways than one: acceleration, braking, weight distribution, and vehicle dynamics. Compatible with all Gen III 6.1L HEMI engine parts. Gen III HEMI dress-up parts also fit Gen III HEMI aluminum blocks. Completely redesigned water jackets accommodate Siamese bore. Lifter bores can be opened to 1.060 inches for a bushed-style lifter. Camshaft bearing support area increased to permit a 60mm roller bearing. Billet steel main caps with 4-bolt center caps strengthen the bottom end for severe applications.
Crankcase clearance for 4.125-inch stroke crank (4.250 inches will fit with machining around oil drain backs). Can support a dry-sump package for reduced windage and to allow more engine installation options. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) studies have been performed to balance thermal conditions for consistent, reliable performance.
Main bearing supports and the block's bottom end have been modified with the strength required for a forced induction 440+ ci motor. Additional boss in the front timing chain area for an idler, additional boss for a front gear drive, and attachments for a front motor plate.
***TRUCK FREIGHT ITEM - $500 Shipment Charge will be added to your order after checkout****
- Redesigned water jackets to accommodate a Siamese bore; extensive Computational Fluid Dynamics studies have been performed to balance thermal conditions for consistent and reliable performance
- Crankcase clearance designed for 4.125 in. stroke crankshaft; a 4.250 in. stroke will fit with machining around the oil drain backs
- 8620 HR billet steel main caps with 4-bolt center caps to beef up the bottom-end for severe performance applications
- Redesigned main bearing supports for additional strength, great for forced induction applications
- Dry sump capable
- Camshaft bearing support area increased to permit the use of 60mm roller bearing if desired
- Lifter bores can be opened up to 1.060 in. for brushed style lifters
- Additional bosses in the front timing chain area for an idler or gear drive, plus attachments for a front motor plate
Main Journal Type: OEM
- Engine Block Style: Stock/OEM standard deck
- Deck Height (in):9.239 in.
- Cylinder Bore as Shipped:4.114 in.
- Engine Block Material: Aluminum
- Main Bolt Style:4-bolt
- Main Caps Included: Yes
- Main Cap Material: Billet steel
- Main Cap Fasteners Included: Yes
- Main Bearings Included: No
- Rear Main Seal Style: 1-piece
- Finished Cylinder Bores: No
- Raised Cam Location: No
- Cam Bearings Included: Yes
- Freeze Plugs Included: Yes
- Quantity: Sold individually.
4.185 in. maximum bore diameter. Requires Mopar Performance special slotted main bearings.
Note: this is a ReadyChassis Special Order item. This block will be specially ordered for you. Please allow 2-3 months for production.